About Dudhsagar Waterfalls
Dudhsagar Waterfalls- springing from a lofty height of 600m is located on the Goa-Karnataka border. It lies at a distance of 60 km from Panaji and 10 km from Colem Railway Station. Dudhsagar Falls (literally Sea of Milk ) is a tiered waterfall located on the Mandovi River in the Indian state of Goa on Goa’s border with Karnataka state. It is a four-tiered.
Dudhsagar is one of the world’s most exquisite falls. It lies high up in the Mandovi River’s watershed and so is not particularly spectacular during the dry season. During the monsoon season, however, the falls are transformed into one of the most powerful falls in India. Dudhsagar Falls is listed as India’s fifth tallest waterfall and is 227th in the world at 310 m. The water plummets hundreds of meters (over a thousand feet) in large volumes during the rainy monsoon season, forming one of the most spectacular natural phenomena in Goa. It is a major part of the Goa ecosystem. It is a four-tiered waterfall with a total height of 310 meters (1017 feet) and an average width of 30 meters (100 feet)
One has to get down at Kulem (Collem) railway station and walk towards the falls which is about 11 km away. It normally takes 2–3 hours to reach. The famous photograph of Trains passing through before the waterfalls can be seen in this route and also the complete stretch of the falls will be visible while you hike towards the waterfalls.
Starting to Dudhsagar Waterfalls
It all started at 08:00 PM at
We have Reached Kulem by 9 AM the next day and got ready to start the trek (9 KM or 11 KM) towards Dudhsagar waterfall. We will be passing through the dense jungle so we should be careful and alert while passing through it.
Almost all after 3 to 4 hours trekking in the forest we will reach Dudhsagar waterfalls we have stayed there for another 2 hours captured all the natural beauty in the camera. It’s a wonderful place for nature lovers.
After that we have started Setting up camp for our night stay & Had dinner it was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had, it’s all about the time spent there was awesome, the full moon coming and going around the Dark clouds made our dinner so romantic, went to bed around 10 pm. That’s it the day ended.
We have to Wake up early at 5:30 AM packed back our camp and cleaned campsite and headed to Visit Tambdi
It all completed by 11 AM and changed all our wet clothes, Board the vehicle and head to the Kulum railway station it took us 2 hours to reach station through Dense Dudhsagar Forest, finally Board train to Hyderabad at 2 PM, Reach Hyderabad by 6 AM the next day.
Things to carry with you for Dudhsagar Waterfalls
- Sleeping bag (You can replace it by a thin blanket or bed-sheet if you don’t want to invest in a sleeping bag)
- 3 pairs of quick-dry clothing. Please wear one pair on Friday night before coming to the railway station. You’ll not get an opportunity to change during our travel.
- 3 pairs of socks
- Raincover for your bag
- One pullover/warmer
- Min 2 liters of water (Please bring reusable water bottles so that together we can discourage the use of plastic on the trails)
- Headtorch / Hand-held torch / Please do not prefer mobile flashlights because it may rain.
- Sanitation kit (Wet wipes, Odomos, Toothpaste, Sanitizer, ORS, Tang)
- Walking/Sports/Trekking shoe. Please make sure that you are using soft rubber-sole footwear.
- Govt. Issued Id proof
- Medicines (If you have any health issues). Please ensure that you are carrying your inhaler if you have Asthma
That’s it for now stay tuned we will update our next spot, experiences soon.