Stretched along the lovely Parvati River with mountains rising all around, Kasol is the main
Remote Malana, high on a hillside 20km up a side valley north of Jari, is one strange village. Its people – descended, according to legend, from deserters from Alexander the Great’s army speak their own unique language, operate what’s called the world’s oldest democracy, consider outsiders unclean and step aside if you pass them to avoid being touched.
Starting from Kasol | Chalal | Cafe Hopping
- Depart from Delhi at 06:30 pm on Day 0 and Reach Kasol by morning.
- Soak in the peace & beauty of Parvati Valley.
- You can explore the Kasol market, and try different cuisines at the local Hippie Cafe’s, or just relax by the gushing Parvati River.
- In the evening, go for a hike to Chalal village and capture some beautiful views of Parvati Valley.
- Chill at the cafe’s in Kasol and return to the Hotel for an early night.
At Malana Day Hike
- Wake up early morning have breakfast, and head for Malana.
- The most beautiful village in the Parvati Valley, situated at around 20 km from Kasol.
- This trek takes you to the landscapes, ancient villages, mountain valleys and on the top, snow-capped mountains of ‘Chandrakhani’ and ‘Deo Tibba’.
- Spend some peaceful time in the village.
- Come back to Kasol by night.
- Dinner & sleep overnight.
Kheerganga Trek and Camping
- After breakfast, start the drive to the trek starting point at Barsheni.
- Trek for 12 km along the Parvati Valley, crossing numerous waterfalls and spotting some breathtaking views.
- Reach Kheerganga and relax at the bonfire at the campsite.
- Dinner and overnight at the camps.
Visiting Tosh Village Trek
- Start trekking down to reach to Barsheni.
- Drive to Tosh village. Hike through the village to reach the Guest House.
- Dinner and Bonfire under a billion stars.
Bye Bye Day- Departure
- Hike to the nearby waterfall.
- Sit, relax and take in the beauty of the majestic Himalaya.
- Start trekking down to reach to Kasol.
- By evening, depart back to Delhi with some amazing memories of the trip. Reach Delhi next morning.
Things to Carry
• A rucksack bag and a day pack.
• 3-liter water bladder or water bottle
• A sun cap and a
• UV protected sunglasses
• At least 1 pair of inner thermals
• One cotton long sleeves and 2 short sleeve t-shirt
• 1 flees jacket
• 1 heavy Thick jacket/down jacket
• 1 pair of gloves
• At least 2 long pants (trek pants and cargo pants are favourable)
• 4 sets of undergarments
• 2 pair of socks
• A small towel
• A rain jacket or a poncho
• Above-the-ankle waterproof and breathable hiking boots with good grip
• Flip flops/sandals
• One strip of Diamox
• Glucose powder
• medicines for headaches,
• Cotton• Sprain relief spray• Crepe bandage• Any personal medication advised by the doctor
Personal & accessories:
• Toothpaste, toothbrush
• Paper soap, or sanitizer
• Sunscreen minimum of
• Body spray